1. Parenting

Kimberly Powell

Looking for a Family Tree

By January 23, 2006

Are you new to genealogy? Wondering how to get started learning more about your ancestors? I'm looking for a guinea pig (or two) for a case study on researching your family tree on the Internet. The family history research is free if you're chosen to participate.

Just send your name, email address, and the details that you already know on yourself, your parents, grandparents, etc. to Ask a Genealogist and, if you're chosen, I'll research your family online for you for free. The results will be published on About Genealogy in a step-by-step article, so if you would prefer to keep your family details private, this isn't for you. No specific details will be published for any individuals that you indicate are still living (no dates of birth, social security numbers, etc.). And remember, the information included in this family history will all be located online and is already publicly available.

I look forward to hearing about you and your family history project!
Comments
July 31, 2006 at 11:51 am
(1) ilse says:

if you really want a challenge contact me.

April 14, 2007 at 11:07 am
(2) charles l bixler says:

i just want to know anything about my father who is in his family his name is leror charles bixler my name is charles lee bixler my grand father on his side was charles william bixler birth place is pannsylvania my grand mother was elsie blashill of port arthur.can. i have no idea about them or anyone eles thank you/chuck.

November 7, 2007 at 5:12 pm
(3) Brian says:

I really would love for you to help me. My family tree would be a HUGE challenge for anyone. But I am so desperate to find out who my family is. Please contact me if you pick me. I would be eternally grateful if you did. Thanks! Brian

September 15, 2008 at 5:25 pm
(4) samantha elerding says:

curious about my heritage and where i came from,
very few living relatives.

my moms name is Anastasia Roberts

February 6, 2009 at 11:25 pm
(5) clynn808 says:

I have wanted to find out who my relatives are and where they are and how we are related for a long time. I am glad I found this site. All my grandparents have passed and I do not know anyone else beyond them.

November 17, 2009 at 5:35 am
(6) faye says:

i want to find my dad. i cant remember who he is. i want to kow what he did when i was a little baby. and i also want to knoiw what my nan’s and granddad’s did. one of my granddad’s passed away when i was little. i want to know what he was like. my life is really confusing

January 14, 2010 at 12:23 pm
(7) GeorgiaRandell says:

heeeey (:
i would like to know abit about my family as my mum , dad , me and my too sisters moved away from my family when i was little i am curious to know about my family please .
there names are Sue Ward or Jarret and Jordan Gamblin