1. Rose WILDER was born on 5 Dec 1886 in Kingsbury Co., Dakota Territory. She died on 30 Oct 1968 in Danbury, Fairfield Co., CT.
Second Generation (Parents):
2. Almanzo James WILDER was born on 13 Feb 1857 in Malone, Franklin Co., NY. He died on 23 Oct 1949 in Mansfield, Wright Co., MO.
3. Laura Elizabeth INGALLS was born on 7 Feb 1867 in Pepin County, WI. She died on 10 Feb 1957 in Mansfield, Wright Co., MO.
Almanzo James WILDER and Laura Elizabeth INGALLS were married on 25 Aug 1885 in De Smet, Kingsbury Co., Dakota Territory. They had the following children:
- 1 i. Rose WILDER
ii. Baby boy WILDER was born on 12 Aug 1889 in Kingsbury Co., Dakota Territory. He died on 24 Aug 1889 and is buried in De Smet Cemetery, De Smet, Kingsbury Co., SD.
Third Generation (Grandparents):
4. James Mason WILDER was born on 26 Jan 1813 in VT. He died in Feb 1899 in Mermentau, Acadia Co., LA.
5. Angelina Albina DAY was born in 1821. She died in 1905.
James Mason WILDER and Angelina Albina DAY were married on 6 Aug 1843. They had the following children:
- i. Laura Ann WILDER was born on 15 Jun 1844 and died in 1899.
ii. Royal Gould WILDER was born on 20 Feb 1847 in New York and died in 1925.
iii. Eliza Jane WILDER was born on 1 Jan 1850 in New York and died in 1930 in Louisiana.
iv. Alice M. WILDER was born on 3 Sep 1853 in New York and died in 1892 in Florida.
2 v. Almanzo James WILDER
vi. Perley Day WILDER was born on 13 Jun 1869 in New York and died 10 May 1934 in Louisiana.
7. Caroline Lake QUINER was born on 12 Dec 1839 in Milwaukee Co., WI. She died on 20 Apr 1924 in De Smet, Kingsbury Co., South Dakota and is buried in De Smet Cemetery, De Smet, Kingsbury Co., SD.
Charles Phillip INGALLS and Caroline Lake QUINER were married on 1 Feb 1860 in Concord, Jefferson Co., WI. They had the following children:
- i. Mary Amelia INGALLS was born on 10 Jan 1865 in Pepin County, WI. She died on 17 Oct 1928 in at the home of her sister Carrie in Keystone, Pennington Co., SD, and is buried in De Smet Cemetery, De Smet, Kingsbury Co., SD. She suffered a stroke which caused her to go blind at the age of 14 and lived with her parents until the death of her mother, Caroline. After that she lived with her sister, Grace. She never married.
3 ii. Laura Elizabeth INGALLS
iii. Caroline Celestia (Carrie) INGALLS was born on 3 Aug 1870 in Montgomery Co., KS. She died of a sudden illness on 2 Jun 1946 in Rapid City, Pennington Co., SD, and is buried in De Smet Cemetery, De Smet, Kingsbury Co., SD. She married David N. Swanzey, a widow, on 1 Aug 1912. Carrie and Dave never had any children together, but Carrie raised Dave's children, Mary and Harold, as her own. The family lived in Keystone, the site of Mount Rushmore. Dave was one of the group of men who recommended the mountain to the sculptor, and Carrie's stepson Harold helped with the carving.
iv. Charles Frederic (Freddie) INGALLS was born on 1 Nov 1875 in Walnut Grove, Redwood Co., MN. He died on 27 Aug 1876 in Wabasha Co., MN.
v. Grace Pearl INGALLS was born on 23 May 1877 in Burr Oak, Winneshiek Co., IA. She died on 10 Nov 1941 in De Smet, Kingsbury Co., South Dakota, and is was buried in De Smet Cemetery, De Smet, Kingsbury Co., SD. Grace married Nathan (Nate) William DOW on 16 Oct 1901 in her parent's home in De Smet, South Dakota. Grace and Nate never had any children.