Fifth Generation (Great Great Grandparents):
16. Josiah KING was born on 13 December 1801 in Laurel Hill, Somerset County, Pennsylvania. He died on 13 July 1891 in Fayette County, Pennsylvania and is buried in Mt. Washington Cemetery, Perryopolis, Fayette County, Pennsylvania. Josiah was the son of George KING and Catherine STICKEL.
17. Nancy LYNCH was born on 27 May 1804 in Fayette County, Pennsylvania and died 3 July 1884 in Perryopolis, Fayette County, Pennsylvania. She is buried with her husband in Mt. Washington Cemetery.
Josiah KING and Nancy LYNCH were married on 3 July 1823 in Perry Township, Fayette County, Pennsylvania and had the following children:
- i Eva Dial KING (m. William Rodman Strawn)
8. ii Lynch R. KING
iii Elizabeth KING (1826 - 1889, m. Samuel B. Chalfant)
iv Catherine KING (1828 - 1855, m. Michael Cramer)
v Ephraim KING (1830 - 1886, m. Mary Sanborn)
vi Enos H. KING (1834 - 1892, m. Polly C. Stevens)
vii Mary Jane KING (1836 - 1914, m. John McIntire)
viii Mercilla Ann KING (1838 - 1870, m. John Martin)
ix George KING (1841 - 1857)
24. Alexander GARDINER was born 25 February 1782 in Burnbrae Parish, Kilmalcolm, Renfrewshire, Scotland and died 19 October 1862. He is buried in Elmwood Cemetery, Fort Covington, Franklin County, New York. Alexander was the son of John GARDNER and Janet HARTRIDGE.
25. Mary BRODIE was born on 8 January 1786 in Bunliside Parish, Kilburnie, Ayrshire, Scotland and died on 3 April 1876. She is buried alongside her husband in Elmwood Cemetery, Fort Covington, Franklin County, New York. Mary was the daughter of Robert BRODIE and Margaret BURNS.
Alexander GARDINER and Mary BRODIE married on 27 February 1805 in Kilburnie, Ayrshire, Scotland and had the following children (birth and death dates come from their family grave marker in Elmwood Cemetery, Fort Covington, Franklin County, New York:
- i. Barbara GARDINER born 1805 in Scotland. Died 1831.
ii. John GARDINER born 1807 in Scotland. Died 1830.
iii. Robert GARDINER born 1808 in Scotland. Died 1833.
- iv. Mary GARDINER born 1810 in Scotland. Died 1830.
12. v. Alexander GARDINER
vi. William GARDINER born 1814 in Scotland. Died 1893.
vii. James GARDINER born 1815 in Scotland. Died 1849.
viii. David GARDINER born 1818 in Scotland. Died 1849.
ix. Margaret GARDINER born 1818 in Scotland. Died 21 October 1890.
x. Hugh Brodie GARDINER born 1820 in Scotland. Died 1874.
xi. Charles GARDINER born 1822 in Canada. Died 1842.
xii. Joseph GARDINER born 1825 in Canada. Died 13 June 1891.
xiii. Peter GARDINER born 1828 in Canada. Died 1894.
xiv. John GARDINER born 1830 in Canada. Died 1834.
26. Jesse MILLER Jr. was born 25 January 1771 in Bedford, Westchester County, New York. He was the son of Jesse MILLER, Sr. and Keziah MILLER.
27. Rachel SEYMOUR was born abt. 1775 and died after 1840 in McHenry County, Illinois. Rachel was the daughter of Jesse SEYMOUR and Mercy FANCHER.
28. John Varnum AYER was born 3 January 1812 in Haverhill, Massachusetts and died 30 April 1877 in Chicago, Illinois. John was the son of Samuel AYER and Mary Polly CHASE.
29. Elida Vanderburgh MANNEY was born 1 January 1802 in Poughkeepsie, New York and died abt. 1877 in Chicago, Illinois. Elida was the daughter of John MANNEY and Elizabeth COLLINS.
John AYER and Elida MANNEY married. They appear in the 1850 and 1860 U.S. Census in Kenosha, Wisconsin and in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois by the time of the 1870 census. John and Elida had the following children:
- i. Philip B. AYER born about 1839 in Wisconsin and died 4 November 1875 in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois.
13. ii. George Manney AYER
iii. John M. AYER born about 1845 in Wisconsin.
30. George Selden BUTLER was born 1 July 1820 in Rhinebeck, Dutchess County, New York and died 7 April 1907 in Kenosha, Kenosha County, Wisconsin. George was the son of Daniel BUTLER and Elizabeth COMSTOCK.
31. Elizabeth Ely GRIDLEY was born 16 June 1826 (five months after the death of her father) in Clinton, Oneida County, New York and died 4 September 1916 in Delevan, Wisconsin. She was the daughter of Theodore GRIDLEY and Amy ELY.
George BULTER and Elizabeth GRIDLEY married on 24 April 1843 in Clinton, Oneida County, New York. The 1860 U.S. Census finds them residing in the 3rd Ward of Chicago, Cook County, Illinois. In 1880, they are still living in Chicago, but the 1900 census finds them living next door to their granddaughter, Adele Ayer Gardner in McHenry County, Illinois. In 1910, Elizabeth Butler is living with her daughter, Adele Barnes, in Delavan, Walworth County, Wisconsin. George and Elizabeth had the following children:
- i. Frank S BUTLER born abt. 1845 in New York (married Margaret Holland in Cook County, Illinois on 17 January 1867)
ii. Adella E BUTLER born abt. 1846 in New York and died 1924 in Delavan, Walworth County, Wisconsin (married 1. John S. Alford on 11 November 1864 in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois and 2. Dwight Bennett Barnes in 1876 in Harvard, McHenry County, Illinois; divorced in 1896)
15. iii. Amy Gridley BUTLER