Fourth Generation (Great Grandparents):
8. Lynch R. KING was born on 11 September 1824 in Franklin Township, Fayette County, Pennsylvania. He moved with his family to Minnesota about 1856 and died on 8 November 1868 in Rochester, Minnesota.
9. Rebecca SHEPHARD was born abt. 1830 in Ohio. Following the death of her first husband, Lynch KING, she married Hiram Line.
Lynch R. KING and Rebecca SHEPHARD married about 1851 in Perry Township, Fayette County, Pennsylvania and had the following children:
- i. Josiah Bascomb KING
4. ii. Charles Henry KING
iii. Edgar KING
iv. Jennie KING
12. Alexander GARDNER was born 31 Jan 1812 in Burnbrae, Kilmalcolm, Renfrewshire, Scotland. According to Alexander Gardiner and Mary Brodie Gardner and their Descendants by Wm. Frederick Gardiner, MD (1930), Alexander GARDNER immigrated to Montreal, Canada from Scotland when he was 8 years of age (1820). In the spring of the following year, the family settled in Dundee, Huntingdon County, P.Q. Two years after reaching his majority, Andrew GARDNER left home to seek his fortune in the United States. He and his two brothers, David and William, settled in McHenry County, Illinois and worked in construction.
13. Sarah "Sally" MILLER was born on 18 April 1819 in New York. She spent her earliest years in Indiana, before moving with her family to Millers Grove, Cook County, Illinois. Sarah died on 30 January, 1873 in Woodstock, McHenry County, Illinois (her death notice appears in the 13 Feb 1873 Woodstock Sentinel).
- i. Mary GARDNER b. 3 October 1840 in Batavia, Illinois
ii. Jessie GARDNER b. 24 March 1844 in Solon Mills, McHenry Co, Ill
iii. Mercy Ann GARDNER b. 9 March 1846 in Solon Mills, McHenry Co, Ill
iv. Alexander GARDNER b. 13 October 1848 in Solon Mills, McHenry Co, Ill.
v. Alice Effie GARDNER b. 21 September 1858 in Solon Mills, McHenry Co, Ill.
6. vi. Levi Addison GARDNER
14. George Manney AYER was born abt. March 1840 in Racine or Kenosha County, Wisconsin. George Ayer and his wife, Amy, were living in Youngstown, Mahoning County, Ohio, at the time of the 1870 census with their daughter, Adele, and in Harvard, McHenry County, Illinois by the 1880 census. Later, they are found in Manhattan, New York, with their younger daughter, Elida, in both 1900 and 1910. Interestingly, George is enumerated twice in the 1900 census - the second time with his daughter, Adele, and her husband, Levi Gardner in Chemung, McHenry County, Illinois. George died on 17 April, 1914 in Manhattan, New York.
15. Amy Gridley BUTLER was born abt. September 1848 in Clinton, New York and died 6 July 1916 in Harvard, McHenry County, Illinois.
George Manney AYER and Amy Gridley BUTLER married on 16 September 1864 in Cook County, Illinois and had the following children:
- 1. i. Adele Augusta AYER
ii. Elida AYER