My Most Wanted Ancestor
David Hays is my most wanted ancestor. He was born in Ireland about 1796. He was a member of the Baptist Church in Ireland. After he came to America about 1817, he was a linen weaver. He was in the 1820 Census of Half Moon, Saratoga County, NY. He married Rachel about 1821. They had 8 children who were born in Saratoga County. The family moved to Fulton County, NY around 1840. David died 23 Dec 1866 and is buried in the Broadalbin Cemetery in Fulton County, NY.
Research & Records
Living in Half Moon in 1820 census and 1840 Censuses. Living in Broadalbin, Fulton County, NY in 1845 and 1850 Censuses.
1860 Census, he was living with son Robert and his wife Agnes in Broadalbin on the family farm.
Have not found David or his family in a photo copy of Clifton Park Baptist Church Records.
Have spouses and children for all but 2 of his children.
Probably not naturalized.
- Where David was born in Ireland?
- Who were his parents?
- His relationship to William Hays, David Hays & Hugh Hays?
- Where were his children baptized?
- The names of his wife's parents?
- Who is the William Hayes who was living with David in the 1855 Census? Identified as a grandson who had lived in county for 12 years.
Is William Hays who received a spinning wheel in 1796 in County Tyrone a part of David's family?