1. Parenting

Kimberly Powell

What is Your Goal for the New Year?

By December 28, 2010

Professional education is my biggest goal for the coming year, beginning with the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy in January! Just submitted my preliminary CG application to the Board for Certification of Genealogists as well, so it is going to be a busy year! What is your biggest genealogy-related goal for the coming year?

Comments
December 28, 2010 at 1:08 pm
(1) Dawn says:

Your goals sound similar to mine. I already am a volunteer for Whispers from the Dust, a program for preserving Cemeteries information can be found at ICAPGen.org- but I am working on obtaining my AG in the next year, then CG hopefully the year after. This past October I decided to take my hobby to the next level and have been a volunteer for many groups since then. My plan is to be established by the time my husband retires from the Military in (hoping 5 yrs). To do so I need my online shop to start making enough for me to justify conventions ;) and cost of applications.

December 28, 2010 at 1:27 pm
(2) Matt says:

Mine is twofold: I have a ton of photos and documents on my website that I attached to people, but didn’t enter all the information off of. So #1 I would like to go back and enter all the information I already have images of on my site.

#2 I consider a sin — I have a bunch of data I didn’t cite my source for, mostly things I entered in my first few months, when I was just playing around. I want to go back and ensure every piece of information I have is sourced.

December 28, 2010 at 3:24 pm
(3) Virginia says:

These are all such good goals. Matt, that is one thing I wish to do also; I am practically positive that some of my unsourced ( maybe sources) are not correct. Therefore, I feel more than obligated to correct my tree. Thanks.

December 30, 2010 at 2:57 pm
(4) Barbara says:

Finding sources are also high on my list. I think a try for DAR would be a push for those names that were gifted to me but not checked. Last year’s resolution I am continuing with is to find and prove all my third great grandparents. Just found proof for one set this month (DEC) I really felt I had the right people but that last smidge of proof eluded me. So this will also prove that some vital records are incorrect.

December 31, 2010 at 12:22 am
(5) Kevin Lett says:

I would like to increase the content and readership of my Virginia genealogy blog.

January 2, 2011 at 4:06 pm
(6) May says:

My goal is much like yours. I learned that various relatives have family data but not well organized. My goal is to obtain their information, create an online collection system so the family can forward changes and stories to me to manage, and to perhaps become certified as well. I must research this certification that you mentioned.

Good luck!